Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First Week HW: Silhouettes and Sketches (withs refrences)

So here are some Silhouettes



Here are some sketch ideas: These are going over her dress and possible body idea.

This is pg 2, which has just some basic poses I thought about making her a fighter like a female version of a Gladiator; but I am still not sure on that. ( http://www.crystalinks.com/romegladiator.jpg )




Pg 3: ( The dress' that Roman women wore, lots and lots of fabric. Usually two long strips one for the base and another for fashion, and/or warmth.)


Some examples of the dress images I found and used: 




Pg 4: (She looks to old in this idea so I don't think I'll keep it, but maybe the hair and dress I can use...)

 Pg 5: (face ideas 1: just some thoughts on how to make her middle aged.)
 Pg 6: (face ideas 2: I was going to go with this but I got opnions from some older women at my work place and they noted that she still looked too young to them. no where near 45.)

Pg 7: (Face ideas 3: Well taking the above idea, I just made the bun on the back of her head bigger, added mouth lines and lines under her eyes, as well as made the eyes smaller and more cynical in appearence. Or well, wiser? The bangs were also shortened I noticed that Roman women had elaborate hair styles but hardly let their hair fly freely. So it's kept up in a tight bun.) Example:



Pg: 8 (Full Body Ideas 1 & 2) I am not married to any of these ideas if they are not what seems appropriate I can simply attempt to generate a new look, but at the moment this is my result:


I wanted to make her extremely detailed but after fooling around a bit I felt that the class called for cartoon-y so I focused on simpler ideas, treating this as if I were to animate her.

Below are some more images that I used to help me decide on her costume: As well as a few fox pictures that I used to discern her look.

Clothes:








Foxes:









So that's it for the minute.

1 comment: